The information we collect
We collect information directly from individuals online, as well as automatically through the use of our Sites.
- Information collected directly
We may collect personal information about you — such as your name, address, telephone number, fax number, e-mail address, etc. — directly from you.
Generally, the information we collect includes your:
- Name, company name and title/position
- Email address, phone number, mailing address and contact details
- Contact preferences and interests
- Business affiliations
- Other information related to your request or inquiry
- Automatically-collected information
Our use of personal information
We use the personal information you provide to respond to your request or inquiry and in the ordinary course of conducting our business. Generally, we use the information (including personal information) that we collect online as follows:
- Responding to your requests
To respond to your inquiries, fulfill your orders and requests, and consider your request or application, we will use it as part of the application review process.
- Newsletters, mailing lists and direct marketing
For direct marketing purposes, including to send you newsletters, client alerts and information we think may interest you. If you are located in a jurisdiction that requires opt-in consent to receive electronic marketing messages, we will only send you such messages if you opt-in to receive them.
- Analytics and improvement
To better understand how users access and use the Sites, and our other products and offerings, and for other research and analytical purposes, such as to evaluate and improve our services and business operations and to develop services and features.
- Protect our legal rights and prevent misuse
- Comply with legal obligations
To comply with the law or legal proceedings. For example, we may disclose information in response to subpoenas, court orders, and/or other lawful requests by regulators and/or law enforcement, including responding to national security or law enforcement disclosure requirements.
- General business operations
Where necessary, for the administration of our general business, accounting, recordkeeping and legal functions.
- Anonymous and de-identified information
We create and use anonymous and de-identified information to assess, improve and develop our business, products and services, and for similar research and analytics purposes.